Notification of Claims

All losses or incidents which may result in a claim (other than Worker's Compensation claims) are to be reported as soon as practicable after the event to your Authorised Representative.

The first notification should be by telephone, e-mail or fax, or as circumstances dictate and should include the following information:

  • Description of incident
  • Date and Time
  • Location where circumstances originated
  • Estimate of loss
  • Action being taken to minimise loss

Loss Minimisation

Action should be immediately taken to protect property from further damage but no action should be taken to repair damage until instructed by your Authorised Representative or the Loss Adjusters.

Own Property Damage

All losses should be reported immediately to the Authorised Representative, who will arrange for Loss Adjusters to take whatever action is required.

Theft and Money

If the loss is due to Theft/Burglary or involves the loss of money, the Police should be contacted immediately and details kept of the officer and station notified.

All losses should also be reported to your Authorised Representative as soon as possible.

Motor Vehicle – Own Damage

All accidents involving your motor vehicle/s should be reported immediately to either our office or the nearest office of your Insurer.

The vehicle may be towed to the closest repairer capable of rectifying the damage.

The claim processing is expedited if a completed claim form can be left at the repairer's premises before the visit by the Loss Adjuster.

If there are any delays in obtaining repair authorisation of necessary service, please contact your Authorised Representative who will secure action.

Your policy excess is normally paid by you to the repairer upon collection of the repaired vehicle.

If the damage is due to the negligence of an identifiable Third Party, your Insurer will normally endeavor to recover your excess.

Where a third party is involved, under no circumstances should any admission of liability be made.

Motor Vehicle – Personal Injury

In cases where Personal Injury is involved, a separate claim form must be submitted to the Motor Accident Compensation insurer. Appropriate claim forms will be supplied upon request.

No further actions direct with any Third Parties should be undertaken without instruction from Insurers.

A copy of the claim form should be lodged with this office for record purposes.

Liability – General Products

In general terms no admission of liability should be made to any party in any form whatsoever. All correspondence, writs, summonses and demands should be sent to your Authorised Representative immediately upon receipt.